ID versus Trainer!
Have you ever felt there is a divide between instructional design and training delivery?
As a trainer:
- The materials you get from learning services just don’t seem to be “audience” ready.
- The materials didn’t hit the right points for your participants.
- You have to do “rewrites” all the time.
- You have to put activities into the workshop and develop questions yourself.
As a designer:
- You get great participant evaluations but when you get your materials back to update – they've changed!
- What was wrong with the materials?
- You worked closely with the SME! You planned for the participants and asked thoughtful questions.
So, why the disconnect? Why does this frequently happen? We can find a divide between what is requested and what needs to be delivered. How can we cross ‘the divide’ and make learning services even more essential to the business partners we assist?
PPATD is going to host a Panel Discussion entitled “Trainers vs IDs: Breaking through the Silos”. We will share ideas about bridging the gaps, communication, and coordination that just might help you. Come with your questions and ideas. Lunch will be provided.
Date: June 20
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Location: Colorado Technical University, 4435 N Chestnut, Colorado Springs,
Room 105 (drive around right side of building to parking and entrance)
Menu: Selection of lunch items from Panera Bread
- Member – $25.00 (USD)
- Member (All-Inclusive) – Free (The cost of this event is covered by the inclusive membership, to include corporate bundles.)
- Non-Member – $35.00 (USD)
Refund Policy: Refunds will be issued up to 5 days before an event, meeting, or webinar. We are unable to issue refunds later than that date.